A daily dark spot corrector which targets visible skin discoloration for brighter, more even-looking skin.SKIN TYPE: Normal, Oily, Dry, Combination, Sensitive.
SKIN CONDITION: Discoloration, Uneven skin tone, Melasma, Post acne marks.
WHAT IT IS
Discoloration Defense is a layerable, daily-use dark spot corrector clinically proven to reduce the appearance of key types of skin discoloration, stubborn brown patches and post-acne marks, featuring a synergistic blend of anti-discoloration ingredients: 3% tranexamic acid, 1% kojic acid, 5% niacinamide, and 5% HEPES.
WHAT IT’S GOOD FOR
• Improves skin brightness
• Reduces the appearance of discoloration
• Evens overall skin tone
• Minimizes the recurrence of discoloration (with continued use)
DID YOU KNOW?
• Paraben-, fragrance-, silicone-, gluten-, and hydroquinone-free
• Ideal at-home complement to professional skin discoloration treatments, such as chemical peels or non-ablative laser; always consult with a physician for individual regimen recommendations.
Discoloration Defense has clinically demonstrated improvement at 12 weeks:
• 81% average improvement in the appearance of post-blemish marks
• 59% average improvement in the appearance of discoloration
• 60% average reduction in the appearance of reoccurring discoloration
REGIMEN / HOW TO USE
In the morning immediately after cleansing and toning:
1. For best results, pair with Phloretin CF vitamin C serum. Apply 4-5 drops of Phloretin CF to the face.
2. Apply 3-5 drops of Discoloration Defense onto the palm of your hand, rubbing hands together.
3. Gently press fingertips to your face, neck and chest to evenly distribute serum.
4. Massage into skin in small, circular motions. Complete your regimen with a SkinCeuticals mineral sunscreen. Limit sun exposure while using this product. Do not use on irritated or broken skin. If irritation occurs, discontinue use.
3% Tranexamic Acid: This synthetically-derived ingredient minimizes the reoccurrence of skin discoloration and stubborn brown patches with continued use.
1% Kojic Acid: Naturally produced by certain fungi, kojic acid helps improve skin brightness.
5% Niacinamide: Also known as vitamin B3, this water-soluble vitamin is found naturally in yeast, meat, fish, milk, eggs, green vegetables, beans, and cereal grains. It has been shown to help reduce the appearance of skin discoloration.
5% HEPES: This synthetically-derived acid activates natural enzymes in skin to help break the bonds that bind dead skin cells to the surface for even exfoliation.
aqua / water / eau, butylene glycol, niacinamide, hydroxyethylpiperazine ethane sulfonic acid, glycerin, tranexamic acid, propylene glycol, hydroxyethyl urea, kojic acid, caprylyl glycol, allantoin, chlorphenesin, xanthan gum, disodium edta